From the Operations and Communications Coordinator:
TeenNow California has been busy! We continue to advocate for comprehensive sex education and teen parents throughout California. We have some exciting announcements and upcoming events:
- Thank you to all who submitted scholarship applications and poster contest submissions! We will review applications and notify applicants in early May. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We are conducting a membership survey to help better guide us over the next few years, to help us continue to offer services and programs that are relevant to you and to California youth. We hope that you can take a few minutes to fill out a brief survey. If you complete the survey and provide us with your name, you will be entered to win a free TeenNow California webinar, good through the end of 2012. Below is the link to the survey. Please take a few minutes and fill it out so we can better serve you. All your answers will be kept confidential and used only in the aggregate. This survey opportunity will be open until April 30th. Thank you in advance! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TNCA2012Survey
- We have been hosting some great webinars lately! Our most recent was about “Challenging Gender Norms in Teen Sexuality Education.” Our next webinar will be on Wednesday May 2, 2012 from 12pm-1pm and will be about “Teen Pregnancy Prevention Advocacy: What You Can Do.” Register and learn how you can be an advocate! As always, discounts for members. Keep up to date with webinars and events on our events page: http://teennowcalifornia.org/events.php
- I was inspired by the presentations and organizations at Sex::Tech 2012 in San Francisco! Look for a write-up of the experience in this blog soon.
- I just finished reading The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti…look for my review of the book in this blog soon. I will be reading and reviewing What You really Really Want by Jaclyn Friedman andNot Under My Roof by Amy Schalet…look for the reviews in this blog soon.
- We are working on organizing Sex Ed Film Festivals in the Bay Area in Northern California and in Los Angeles! We loved the discussions happening at the Sex Ed Film Festival we hosted at San Diego State in 2011 and we’re thrilled to bring this educational forum and several interesting films to incite discussions about sexuality education. Save the dates coming soon.