Ever wondered exactly what membership in TeenNow California means? You’re not alone! Please find some FAQs below and contact us if you have other questions.
What is TeenNow California? TeenNow California is a state-wide non-profit organization that provides training, technical assistance, advocacy, and professional development opportunities to those working with adolescents. We offer webinars, regional trainings, annual conferences, weekly and monthly e-newsletters, and other special events to ensure those concerned with preventing teen pregnancy, supporting young families, and promoting adolescent sexual health have the knowledge, skills and resources to do their work effectively. Aside from our annual scholarship opportunity, we generally do not work directly with teens. We support those who do.
How long have you been around? Since 1971.
Why should I be a member? Being a member gives you the benefits and power of the only state-wide organization that focuses solely on teen parenting and pregnancy prevention. Networking opportunities abound. Even if your work does not directly relate to adolescent sexual health, your membership shows your support for the work we do and for pregnant and parenting teens in California.
What exactly does my membership include?
- Membership in a network of professional colleagues (coalition opportunities!)
- Access to our curriculum lending library (check out comprehensive sex education curricula before you buy it!)
- Discounts on webinars, workshops, trainings, and conferences (professional development opportunities throughout the year!)
- Sponsor scholarship applicants for our annual scholarships for expectant and parenting teens and teen leaders
- News, resources, and exclusive opportunity alerts via our e-newsletter
- Legislative advocacy for causes you care about
- Exclusive invitation to members-only Brown Bag Lunch conference calls/webinars (coming soon!)
What are some current projects you’re working on?
- Sex Ed Film Festivals (currently working on collaborative festivals in Los Angeles and Riverside
- Scholarships (applications for scholarships for expectant and parenting teens due March 29, 2013)
- Conferences (check our events page for the latest updates)
- Advocacy (we’re currently advocating for the Cal-SAFE programs)
- Monthly webinars (events page is where it’s at)
- Fundraisers with local businesses and supporters (current fundraiser with Broadway San Diego! Use Code: TNCA)
- And more!! We’re busy.
How can I be more involved? Join TeenNow California to enjoy the benefits of membership or to support the work we do. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest. Join our email list. Attend an event or workshop. Make a contribution to TeenNow California. TeenNow California is a non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
Got more questions? Ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org