If you are in the Los Angeles Area, please share with your young people!!TO USE SPRING INTO LOVE TEEN FEST
Please download the application information for your students. All applications must be sponsored by a current teenNow member and will need to be submitted by April 1st! Further information and qualifications are on the application.
We look forward to reading all the amazing applications!
Now Childhood Nutrition Programs Get a Leg Up – Funding Abounds!
Thursday, April 16, 2015; By: Frank Klimko
Connect With the Federal/Private Funding Streams That Support Childhood Nutrition Initiatives
The severity of the childhood nutrition epidemic was initially brought to light by First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative, but numerous private and federal funders have joined the effort to end the problem within a generation. Nearly all federal agencies have joined the cause, and many private entities are readjusting or enhancing their priorities to focus more on childhood nutrition and obesity prevention. Funds are available for healthy foods, nutrition education, physical education, sports programs and after-school and extra-curricular activities.
This audio conference with funding expert Frank Klimko will help nonprofits position themselves for successful fundraising for childhood nutrition programs. It will provide you with the knowledge to search for funding at the right place; the research and boards that are setting the funding agenda; easy to adapt best practices; and what types of partnerships are required. Frank will shed light on the new federal budget and how it set aside significant money for this national effort.
Because grant writing is a tough job, a portion of the webinar will be reserved for a special “Shake the Money Tree” section. Frank will show how to prepare, format and burnish a grants applications to get the funding that you need to make your programs grow. You will be given with the tools to help them be successful, stand out from the crowd, and connect with the federal/private funding streams.
Here’s Just Some of What You’ll Learn
- The Latest Goals and Achievements
- The Latest Developments at the Federal and at the State Level
- Why the Child Nutrition Movement Continues to Grow
- Impact of the Child Nutrition Movement and Let’s Move! on Federal, Private Funding
- Research & reports that offer guiding principles
- Existing Funding Opportunities Providing High Dollar Awards
This webinar will help you understand
- New Funding Opportunities that are anticipated
- Outside-the-Box Opportunities
- Insights on Federal and Foundation Funding Programs that can be replicated
- Ways to Follow the Funding Trails
- Other Coinciding Funding Trends that should be followed
- Insights into networking – Who to Talk to and Meet with
- Tips on Forming Crucial Partnerships
- Proven ways for involvement at foundation and federal levels
Use Discount Code ” NA20” to get $20 off only for early bird registration
You can register for LIVE webinar, complete with all handouts. Email in your questions in advance to ensure your questions are addressed, or email us anytime during or after the presentation. But don’t wait; spaces are limited to ensure we can address all questions thoroughly. And remember, just one good tip, one proven technique, can make all the difference in your grant seeking